Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cross-fit workout - w.o. #4

Well after having a break half day Saturday off, Sunday off & Monday off, I felt all the nervousness coming back, as if I wasn't going to be able to do it. Plus I was sick Sunday and Monday, but I paid for this class and I knew I could not fall behind. So I went.

It was rough. But it was rough for everyone in class, which makes me feel better because they are ALL younger than I am...I think one of the other ladies is a Police Officer...I have to ask next week.

5 sets of pull ups, push ups, sit ups, squats in this quantity 21-19-15-12-9 TIMED! That was the work out, but at this place the warm-up and the cool-down feel like work-outs also.

Driving home past the many local bars, jolly/drunk men were outside smoking their cigarettes...all I could think is there is no way they could have done that workout, and then I realized they were killing themselves in slow motion.

That's kind of sad, I don't think they see it that way, what do I know (????) But I felt badly for them, and then good for myself....because it's not easy making this commitment, and I am proud of my choice.

So that's my own pat on the back. :)

No comments: