Sunday, August 3, 2008

2 thin 2 win


Okay, this does it. This is so freaking ridiculous that I am hereby pledging to take a break from the media and anything to do with the primary campaign for now. I know who I am voting for, and I will continue my support to that cause. I won’t be a part of petty conversations that have to do with the nit-picking of Barack Obama. Most recent attack Barack's weight. The article in the WSJ-Too Fit to Be President?- just makes me want to cringe.

Most obese people have eaten themselves sick. America is obese; diabetes is soaring to epidemic levels. By the year 2030, 11.2 percent of U.S. adults are expected to have the condition. Obesity is the strongest modifiable risk factor for the development of type 2 diabetes. This is a major problem for our country, our children and our health care system. The numbers are staggering.

Yesterday in Costco, we noticed several people who have become so large they no longer can walk on their own. Can you imagine, eating so much that you become so fat, yes fat; you can not walk on your own?

If you read my blog at all, you know that I am working to get into shape; yes I have weight to lose. Yes, it is difficult and yes, I think that Obama deserves credit for not being fat. I think instead of being picked apart, he should be praised. Also I think that anyone, who knows how difficult it is to stay fit, would be the first to understand that praise is very well deserved.

From the WSJ article we are to believe that Americans, cannot relate to Obama, and therefore may not vote for Obama, because he's not fat like us and because he exercises and eats healthy foods. That is total bs. The article is nothing more than another smear campaign based on unfounded prejudices. America, more then ever, deserves, wants, and needs an intelligent and healthy president, even if he is thinner than 66% of the voting-age population.

I am still in shock and still very, very disappointed in the general population.

No comments: