Wednesday, November 19, 2008

bitter sweet thanksgiving


In my extended family, interpersonal relationships are strained, and where it started and how it is now is just one stupid thing after another and some real issues, with a few outside and inside forces that decided the final coarse which has been set into stone. Just mentioning this as background, I am not complaining, I accepted this many many years ago. The bitter sweet comes in, because I will be in the city with my daughter, and my men will be at home in Ohio. Odd to be away from those I love, but on the other hand, exciting to be in the city with my girl this time of year.

It's only a day. I don't eat turkey anymore. We may lay low, we may hit the town with a vengeance. In any case, I will enjoy it fully, moment by moment, even if inside my heart breaks a bit, it will never show.

No comments: