Wednesday, July 22, 2009

please come to Boston


"Please come to Boston for the springtime
I'm stayin' here with some friends and they've got lotsa room
You can sell your paintings on the sidewalk
By a café here I hope to be workin' soon
Please come to Boston
She said "No. Would you come home to me?"

Just back from taking my middle child to his orientation at Northeastern University in Boston......he just loved it. He'll never be home again. One more summer then he is in a co-op program.....and I know just how he feels.

I am so excited for him, and just extremely happy that he chose a school and town that fits him so well. I am terribly sad, at the fact that he is going on his way, but I know he is ready. Seriously, on cue I can produce tears....just ask me....and poof watershed, but not that out of control balling, just those quiet tears that swell, build, and then eventually roll down your cheek.

No one talks about this part when you are staring a family, or when your baby takes his first step or scores his first goal.

No comments: