Friday, January 15, 2010

leave it behind for a time


So my baby, is taking a semester off from school. This is sudden news, found out on Wednesday. I am with her now at her dorm packing up all her belongings. She made perfect grades this last semester, but at what cost? The cost ended up being total burn out. She is sleeping, taking a nap just as comfortable as can be, and I am wound up like top. The uncertainty of a decision such as this, is just that, so so uncertain. I have confidence in her, but for some reason this is making me sad and anxious.

What I wouldn't do for my children to fix their worlds? But I can't. It's entirely impossible. I never knew that parenting becomes even more challenging as years past. Knowing how to support them the right way, at the right time, in the right tone, and let them go, isn't easy.

Ouch.

I am aging by the minute now, no longer by years.

peace,
ub

No comments: