Sunday, March 23, 2008

race reflection

I have no interaction with black people at all. It is just the way my life has worked out. I have lived all over this country, but never in, or even near, a black community. I speak to black people when I interact with them in stores and other public places, but just the common courtesy I would give to anyone, nothing deep.

Some race-related issues are difficult for me to understand. Why do so many blacks fail to graduate from high school, and why do some choose crime over real employment? I wonder how these people expect to make things better for themselves when they make such blatant bad choices.

I have to believe that everyone's experiences regarding race are different. This is a very sad situation and I do not think it has to be this way. So much energy, time, and talent interrupted by hatred and anger.

No comments: