Wednesday, December 16, 2009

i allowed the "diss" in dysfunction


Growing up means making tough choices. That's how I see it today. Finally after years of tolerating extreme negative family dynamics, I have put my foot down and no longer will I subject myself and my family to it.

It's rough because I always thought that just doing the "right thing" was the right thing to do. Why is it right to allow people to be cruel, uncaring, malicious and back stabbing? Why is it right to go to a holiday dinner because someone else expects you there? Why is subjecting one's self to the negative environment even close to right by calling it "family responsibility" ?

If I had done it sooner, it would have been better.

Lesson learned: if the stove is hot STOP touching it....the stove doesn't care if you burn yourself.

No comments: